Parenting, Pregnancy

Guess What: Baby Boy Beggs Arrived a Bit Early

It feels like forever since I posted anything (it probably has been) but our little miracle of 17342628_10155158558367238_1288041739792072596_nscience came 2 weeks early March 20th at 12:12 AM weighing 6 pounds 8 ounces and 18 1/2  inches long.


I woke up Sunday March 19th when I thought I wet the bed (joys of pregnancy) but when I hurried to the bathroom, it kept coming out. I texted my husband who just left for work about peeing the bed because I didn’t expect this but I shortly after started to feel small contractions and immediately texted him, called my doctor, called my boss that I wouldn’t be working, and called my parents. I quite literally had one of those water breaking moments that you see in the movies where it just gushes out.

When I got to the hospital, I was 2 centimeters dilated and our baby was already low.  I had some pretty nasty contractions and I was 7 centimeters dilated when I asked for the epidural which slowed down the contractions (and I suggest to anyone!) and eventually they gave me something to speed up delivery.

By 11:45 I started practice pushing and shortly after I started my actual delivery.  My husband’s face when I delivered our baby boy was priceless.

But my story wasn’t finished as a piece of the placenta remained in my uterus and without the umbilical cord, there was nothing to pull it out. For an hour and a half, both the doctor and the nurses pushed on my stomach to contract my uterus as I was hemorrhaging while my husband watched from the corner while rocking our son and no clue what was going on with me.  I had multiple blood transfusions and I was sick 3 times due to the motion. I am very thankful for the epidural for I would have been in immense pain and most likely would not have remained coherent through the process.  Eventually, I had a D & C and watched the rest of the night which was sleepless as I dislike hospitals (which I was in the following week due to blood toxicity after too much seizure medication since my neurologist did not let me know about reducing my amount).

Luckily, I healed well and had almost no bleeding, my uterus returned to it’s proper structure, no pain, and left the hospital with our adorable baby on my 30th birthday (when my husband and I started trying, I said I wanted a baby before I was 30 and he arrived 2 days before).

I am officially back at work now and I find myself missing him already as he is at my mom’s while my husband and I are at our jobs.  One perk (other than the baby of course), I lost 20 lbs within the month (mostly water weight but I’ll take it)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s